Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Caprese Pasta Salad

About the only things I can grow well are hot peppers, tomatoes, and basil.  My other plants are a bit sad and sickly, but those three are thriving and producing a ton of fresh plant matter for me to pick and eat!  That being said, I have to find ways to eat it that are delicious and not just salads or sauces.  Enter...summertime caprese salad!  






Caprese Pasta Salad

2 cups Whole grain, all natural bow-tie pasta
1 pound of fresh mozerella, cubed
1 cup fresh chopped basil
1 cup fresh chopped various tomatoes, I used Sun Gold, Roma, and Cherokee purple
1 T. garlic powder
Black pepper, to taste

Cook your pasta as you like it and drain it, then mix it in a big bowl with everything else!  Super simple but still packs a punch! 


I served this to my Marmie and Daddy.  Daddy put olive oil on it and ate it like that and Marmie put parmesean cheese on it.  I ate it as is, “dry”.  All three ways are options!  

No comments:

Post a Comment