Saturday, November 16, 2013

Do Yall Save Bacon Grease?

This man loves his bacon



The other day I had a friend over at my house and I was making breakfast for dinner.  Being a well-rounded girl that I am, I was expertly frying up some bacon*.  When I was done, I took the skillet and popped my bacon jar out of the fridge to pour the new grease in.  My friend's eyes widened.  "What are you doing?" She asked.  "Are you keeping the fat?!"  I stared at her. Of course I was.  Who doesn't keep the bacon fat?  I use it for everything!  Cooking in, flavoring beans, corn, green beans, cornbread, cooking eggs...everything!  It's especially good at caramelizing onions.  Is that weird?  Do yall keep your bacon grease?  

*avoiding the splattering grease and trying to not burn it too much.  


Bacon Grease Facts:

1. It's free
2. It's yummy
3. It has 38 calories per tablespoon, according to google
4. It is solid in the fridge and super easy to spoon out
5. It is technically recycling, which makes it green.  


No comments:

Post a Comment