Sunday, December 8, 2013

Katie Plans: A Christmas Party!


No, I'm not having a Christmas party.  But if I was...this is how I would play it!  Light food with lots of sweet treats, rustic decorations, and a crafty ornament-making table.  Also, of course, a signature cocktail!

** Links for all that is pictured can be found on my pinterest board (HERE!).

These could be used as coasters, gift tags, or ornaments!  The possibilities are endless. 

Seems simple enough: an old crate filled with evergreen, pine cones and mason jars with candles in the jars.  Easy peasy! 

Old door with wreath: Good for photos! 

Candles on a cake stand.  You could put cinnamon sticks around them too! 

White branches with lights wrapped around them in a tall vase with some greenery and a big fat bow! 

Mason jar lid santa. 

DIY ornaments: sew or glue a triangle with a cinnamon stick inside. Simple!

DIY ornament: bottle caps and pictures

Twine wrapped around cheap balls: Big impact for little money

Cheese tree!  I bet those are pine branches but you could use celery or green bell peppers. 

Who doesn't love tortilla roll-ups?!

Cranberry jam and brie cheese in puff pastry squares: looks so hard but is so easy!

Chocolate covered pretzels dipped in crushed peppermint candies. 

Apple cider margaritas?!  Yes, please!


And of course: Christmas music! I love the mellowness of this record.  I've had it for a few years now...maybe two and I love it so much I keep it on repeat all day long. 



No comments:

Post a Comment